Paul and Kelci Gardiner

Friday, November 28, 2008

Simple Things

I like to think of myself as a happy person. I love to be happy and I hope everyone loves to be or wants to be happy. This past week, with preparing for Thanksgiving and the holiday season I've tried to come up with a list of things I'm grateful for. This list actually made me realize how happy I am and that you can find happiness in the simplest things.
An example of this is I just got new bedding and it is like my favorite thing in the whole world. Who knew that new bedding could make somebody so happy? It may sound funny but I think being able to pick out something new and completely different than what you are use to has it perks. Don't get me wrong, I liked my old one but I felt like it wasn't me, anymore. I didn't actually get to have the chance to get my own for my husband and I when we first got married. My sweet sister-in-laws actually had the key to our apt. when we first got married and were on our honeymoon. They brought all of our wedding gifts home. I thought that was amazing, but it didn't stop there. They actually put most everything away and made our home feel like a home. We didn't have our bedding or bathroom stuff. They went out and bought a new bathroom and bedding set. I think they did an amazing job knowing our colors and our taste. Anyways besides the point, I just wanted a new bedset. Ours was quickly fading , plus being in a small place doesn't allow you to do too much with decorating and all that. I think after almost 4 years its time for a change. I started with the bedroom. And i'm totally in love with the new bedding. Its completely different than what we had. I just think its amazing how the smallest things can make people feel happy. I know its totally random but oh well. Happy Holidays everyone!

1 comment :

Gennaveeve said...

I totally know what you mean! Change can be a good thing, especially when you see it and go, "oh, yea, that really does look nice like that!" I think it's a woman thing. =)