Paul and Kelci Gardiner

Monday, December 7, 2009

Its the most wonderful time of the year!

This year has totally flown by! I love the holiday season. It's been an amazing couple of weeks. Busy too, no surprise there. We had a great Thanksgiving, being able to see family and celebrate the holiday. Luckily, both Paul and I had a long weekend. One of our traditions is to get our tree up Thanksgiving weekend. We put some time aside Saturday night to set up our tree and decorations. Little did we know what a big ordeal it would be. We got a new TV last year and it takes up some of our Christmas tree space, and because Paul wouldn't let the branches touch our stand or TV in fear of them scratching it we had to totally rearrange our living room. For those that have seen our apartment and the weird space we have to work with, you know what little we can do. We finally came up with something, and I actually like it. My next obstacle was now I'm going to have to redecorate and since my old entertainment center is in our 2Nd room I had no shelving. I had no idea what to do with most of my decorations. Luckily we came up with a great way to display most of our stuff. I'm happy with the way it turned out. Besides the holiday season there isn't too much going on with us. Sometimes I feel like we need some type of change. Its all good though.
I aced my medical terminology final. I am so excited. Now on to Human Anatomy and Physiology. That's been kinda boring. I'm stressed about my test this week, but I think it can go well. I just have to be optimistic. Paul has a big paper due this week and is also preparing for finals. I'm kind of jealous. I don't get a Christmas break with school. I have to go through. Its only closed on Christmas. Luckily I do most of mine at the beginning of the week.
Paul and I had the opportunity to get together with some friends that we havn't seen in forever over this last weekend. We did a holiday Dinner and played games and just had a great time catching up. We were spoiled. They actually cooked for us. They did a wonderful job.
Other than that, we are looking forward to Christmas. Its such a special time of year. This year will be interesting. Totally fun. My grandma is coming this week and staying through Christmas. Its always fun to spend time with her. My dad is actually coming out for the holiday. He has never been out this way for the holidays. The last time I spent Christmas there was in High School. It will be so much fun. I love the spirit of the season. I love the smells of the season. I love everything about Christmas. I hope that as we celebrate it we will all remember the true meaning of Christmas and why we celebrate it. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season.
Love you all.

2 comments :

Amanda and Chad said...

Hope all is going well for you Kelci! I enjoy reading your posts!

Gennaveeve said...

Paul is such a guy, protective of his TV =)