Paul and Kelci Gardiner

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Remembering Hayden


A little over 5 1/2 years ago my brother, Hayden, passed away. Every year for his birthday, April 12th, my family gets together and does a little something to celebrate and remember him. This year I wasn't so sure on how it would turn out or if it would even happen with everybody just because of the changes that have happened this past year. I'm so glad that dad still got us all together and we were able to take time and celebrate his birthday. We usually do something kind of different every year, but the one thing that has stayed constant is our balloon thing. My dad buys a lot of balloons and we usually write little messages and just send them off to heaven. We've had some interesting ones thats for sure. This year it was pouring as we sent them off. I figured it wouldn't work, but its the thought that counts right? Anyways not all of them took off and by the time Paul and I left we counted 7 balloons that didn't even clear the street behind my parents. It was still nice though. One year we were expecting them to go the same way they have previous years and all of a sudden the wind shifted and took them another way, but it was fun to see how that transition happened. We didn't have much time but dad had cake and ice cream and invited some of his friends too. We all just kind of shared memories and my sister played a slide show then we did our balloons. Hayden was a great brother and I miss him. I'm glad we can do something to remember him by. RIP Hayden.

No comments :