Paul and Kelci Gardiner

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

September Happenings

I can't believe how the month of September flew by! We have had an interesting month.
We have been taking care of a cat which officially became ours. Or so we think. I have fallen in love with her. I swear she thinks she's a dog. She loves to fetch. No joke! We bought her a couple of toys and her favorite is a stick with a feather (which has been torn off) and a ball that rattles. She carries it up to us when she wants to play. When i'm done with it I usually throw it she'll go get it. I threw it down the hall a few times and she keeps bringing it back. Its pretty fun.
I also want to officially say that Paul found a new job! I'm so excited for him. We didn't really say much, so nobody really knows that he quit his job back in August. He took a phlebotomy class and has been looking for work in that. He has been applying for other jobs too even if not phlebotomy, since we both have to work, but I can finally say he found one. He is going to work as a phlebotomist at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. Its a good job and I'm very proud of him. What impressed me the most was that during his time off, he found a few temp jobs that weren't the best, but helped bring in an income. I was very proud that he would do things like that to take care of us. There are some people I know who don't really care and won't do anything until they have a real job, so that really impressed me. Not too much going on. I am now back in Iowa visiting my family and am glad to have made it safe. It's my first day here so I havn't done much but I'm glad to be able to see my family. I'll keep you updated. Happy end of September!

1 comment :

The Woodland's said...

Congrats on the new job, Paul! Hope it's going great for you! And yay for the vacation for Kelci! Hope you're having a blast!