Paul and Kelci Gardiner

Monday, December 22, 2008

4 Years Ago Yesterday...

So, I really wanted to post this yesterday, but our computer was broken this weekend. Thanks for fixing it Dave! 4 years ago yesterday was the day Paul proposed to me. I can't believe we have been together for 5 1/2 years already.
So going back 4 years is really fun to remember. Our day was sort of ruined because Paul was wanting to have the whole day off. He had to work til late that night. Of course I had no idea what was coming. I wasn't in the best mood that night and it started snowing big time. Anyone who knows me knows that I don't love the snow. I hate driving in it and get really nervous. My sister had just been out in the snow storm and said its awful don't go anywhere. I was determined not to go out. I went anyways and was scared to death. Paul had a very old little blue car and we were sliding all over in my neighborhood. I kept telling him I didn't want to go out. So we finally stopped sliding and headed towards trax. The lights were out on State and everything was just a mess. It didn't help my mood. We went downtown and were unable to see the lights since we got there a little late. I was kind of disappointed about that but we made the best of it. We decided to take a carriage ride. That is when he pulled out the ring, got down on one knee (in the carriage) and proposed. It was way sweet and romantic.
Paul, we've survived 5 1/2 years, we still have eternity. I love you and am very lucky to have a wonderful husband.

3 comments :

Bethany said...

That's a cute story! Matt tried to surprise me with tickets to a baseball game while we were engaged but I'd just had car troubles on the way home and didn't even want to get in the car again. He finally convinced me and we had a great time. Yay for sweet husbands who carry through with surprises even when we're grumpy!

Paul and Kelci said...

LOL, I love your story. I'm hearing more and more where the girls are grumpy and just having bad days. All of my cousins were pretty moody too. I think its fun to hear engagement stories. I agree with the sweet husbands though. It shows they will be patient and sweet no matter what type of day we are having.

Gennaveeve said...

That's so sweet! Adrian proposed in a carraige too! Great minds think alike! I was actually having a really good day, but that's cuz I knew it was coming. You guys are awesome! Thanks for all the fun dates! P.S. Leatherbys leftovers are actually quite good =)