Paul and Kelci Gardiner

Friday, November 13, 2009

The Turkey, the Parrot, and the In laws

I'm so excited for this time of year. I love the holiday season! I've come to notice in everyone preparing for Christmas and the season, Thanksgiving tends to get passed over. You go from Halloween decorations in the store to Christmas. What about Thanksgiving? This is the time of year where we should look at what we have and be thankful. I decided for the month of November, I'll try to focus on Thanksgiving. I have found a few people who do a weekly post of something they are grateful for for the week. Its nice to read those. I don't want to do the regular post i've done on everything i'm grateful for, but I do want to tell you I am thankful for everything I have in my life. There is a lot that I find that I may take advantage of, but I'm glad to have it or not have it, whatever it may be. This month I'm going to post some cute Thanksgiving poems, stories, and jokes I find. My father-in-law called the other day and told us to have some type of joke or short story for Thanksgiving Dinner. I think he plans on everyone sharing what they found. This has caused me to look online for some things and I've come across some great stuff. I found this cute little joke that I might use, and thought i'd post it today. Enjoy. I hope everyone has a great November and great Thanksgiving.

The Turkey, the Parrot and the In-laws

Martha had a parrot called Brutus, the only problem was that Brutus cussed something awful. Now Martha was having her in-laws over for Thanksgiving, and so she needed to train Brutus quickly not to swear.

Just before her Mother-in-law was due Brutus cussed terribly, so Martha but him in the freezer for 2 minutes to literally cool off. Then she opened the door and took out the parrot along with the turkey.

'And have you learned your lesson about cussing?' Martha asked the parrot.

Brutus the parrot took one look at the dead turkey and said: 'I sure have. But I have one I have a question, "What did the turkey do?" '

1 comment :

The Woodland's said...

I love that joke, Kelci! It's soo cute! And I agree with you on Thanksgiving. It should be one of the bigger holidays-not one that's looked over. We all need to take the time and be grateful for the many things we have.