Paul and Kelci Gardiner

Friday, June 25, 2010

Best Birthday Present Ever!

So I officially have the BEST Husband ever! I mentioned in my birthday post that Paul got me concert tickets, but I didn't say to who. Now that it has come and gone I wanted to post about it. He got me tickets to the BACKSTREET BOYS! It was one of the best concerts ever! I was totally in love with them growing up. My room was all BSB. I got every teen magazine and posters that I could. I had them all over my walls and even on my ceilings. I fell asleep to their music most nights. I have been to all of their concerts here and I'm still a fan. I still love to listen to them. I'm not obsessed like when I was younger but they will always be amazing and special to me. Getting ready for this concert brought back many memories and some highlights of concerts before. All the girls in my ward growing up loved them. We all got tickets to the first concert here. The only problem to us was that Oakcrest was the same week they came. Our YW leader told us all if we went through Thursday that she would come pick us up first thing Thursday morning and take us home to get ready. I think thats really all we could think about all week. Their first concert here was my first concert ever. My mom was 8 months pregnant with my little bro and was a great sport and went with us. The second one we had the tornado that hit SLC the day the tickets were supposed to go on sale. They postponed the tickets but not the concert, Thanksgoodness! Luckily they didn't cancel the concert. The Delta Center was hit during the tornado. This last concert is special to me because my husband was kind enough to get the tickets and to even think about going with me. Unfortunately for me he couldn't get work off, thats ok though cuz I went with Rachael, my sister-in-law, who is also a fan so I'm sure she enjoyed it more than Paul would've. They opened with Backstreets Back and oh man could they dance. I loved it. I loved the dancing more. Thanks Paul for the tickets! I love you!

No comments :