Paul and Kelci Gardiner

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Merry Christmas From Heaven Part 2

Merry Christmas From Heaven Part 2

Seeing that I have already posted this poem before I'll just add to the first post. This one is dedicated to my mother-in-law , the Osborne family, and the Birell family, and all of Aunt Carol and Aunt Gayles family, friends, and loved ones. I know that Aunt Carol and Aunt Gayle are going to be spending Christmas together with Grandma and all the others who have passed before them. Its just one big family reunion this year.

We all have someone we have loved and lost. This post is in memory of our loved ones we have lost. As much as I love this time of year, there have been years where it is harder for me because it seems to me that most people I have loved and lost in my life has been around Christmas time. I've had a grandmother who passed on Christmas Eve a couple of years ago and a grandfather a few years before two days after Christmas, But come on, who really wants to be bummed and grieve during the holiday season? When I think about my loved ones I like to celebrate who they were to me and think of good things and their life, not just their death. I've also been thinking about and missing my brother who passed away a few years ago lately and found this Christmas poem that really helped me the year he died. I felt like I should share it.

Merry Christmas From Heaven

I still hear the songs
I still see the lights
I still feel your love
on cold wintery nights

I still share your hopes
and all of your cares
I'll even remind you
to please say your prayers

I just want to tell you
you still make me proud
You stand head and shoulders
above all the crowd

Keep trying each moment
to stay in His grace
I came here before you
to help set your place

You don't have to be
perfect all of the time
He forgives you the slip
If you continue the climb

To my family and friends
please be thankful today
I'm still close beside you
In a new special way

I love you all dearly
now don't shed a tear
Cause I'm spending my
Christmas with Jesus this year

Copyright 1990 (can't read name)

I really hope you all have a great holiday season! Merry Christmas!
Love the Gardiners

2 comments :

The Woodland's said...

I love that poem, Kelci! Thank you so much for posting it! And I'm so glad Sarah printed it up so we can all have a copy of it. I know that's what's happening with Aunt Carol, Aunt Gayle, Grandma and all of our loved ones who have passed on. Love you!

evamex49 said...

12/25/2010 Sanford, Maine
Hi my name is Eva Dion and I would like to say that I love your poem. I few years back I purchased two one for myself and my stepson,Aaron. We had just lost my husband, his father. I cannot tell you to happiness we have in reading and displaying it. Just a few days ago a friend of mine lost her mother and I would love to purchase one for her. She is going through a rough time, they were very very close and lived together. Thank you again for your wonderful poem and God Bless. Eva Dion.