Paul and Kelci Gardiner

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

March Happenings

I can't believe that it will be April in the next few days! This year has been flying by. It feels like things are still the same. Not much has changed, but I thought I would do a post with some of this months highlights. In the beginning of the month we had some friends from Washington come out for a visit. We were able to get together with a group of friends and hang out with them. I think the last time we saw them was almost 2 years ago at a wedding we went too. It was nice to visit with the Sallay family. Since then they had a child and so we got to meet Nellie. I loved her. She is one of the happiest kids i've ever seen. Paul celebrated his 26th birthday this month. Last year when we were in California, or the year before (can't remember) we watched Modern Family with my grandma. Since then we have been totally hooked. It is such a good show. Since we totally missed the first season we just bought that season and have enjoyed a Modern Family Marathon over the last couple of weekends. I was lucky and was able to enjoy a long weekend one week. I had my usual one Friday off a month deal, but to add to that I also got the following Monday off. We were planning to go in late since we only had afternoon patients and I had a text saying they cancelled and not to come in. That was a bonus for me. With the extra time off, I took a day and just pampered myself. I went and had a mani/pedi. I chose spring colors hoping to force it here earlier. :) I'm so ready for spring. I also got the opportunity to use a gift card I got for Christmas and went and did a treatment at the spa. I did a body wrap. It was awesome. I highly recommend it. This month we decided to do Sealings when we went to the temple. We had an amazing experience. There was a family being sealed and they needed witnesses. There were four couples there to do sealings so they asked us all to come in. It was amazing to see this family sealed to their parents and then the siblings sealed together. They also sealed their mother to her parents. I've seen it within my family, but to be there for a family you don't even know was just as exciting and special. I'm grateful for the experience and for the reminder of eternal families. I'm so grateful that Paul and I are together for eternity. We also enjoyed some other things together this month. We went bowling and that is something we havn't done in forever. Paul kicked my butt, but it was fun. I finally learned since I can't really keep my wrist straight and I turn is as I bowl that a smaller ball does the trick for me. Paul had spring break. I don't think it was much of a break cuz of work, but atleast he wasn't married to his books for that week. We made some home made pizza. It was good to me cuz I figured out how to make a chicken alfredo pizza. It was yummy. I have spent a couple Friday afternoons with my sister, niece, and nephew. We have gone shopping and out to lunch. I love seeing them. Now we are just looking forward to Spring weather.

3 comments :

Sale Fails said...

Sounds like a good month. The temple experience sounds cool. I got to attend a sealing this month of a girl I taught on my mission and it was a special experience. It is really amazing that we can be together forever!

Gennaveeve said...

WOW! I would love to spoil myself like that! And don't worry about the bowling, Adrian kicks my butt every time!

The Woodland's said...

Sounds like you two have had a lot of good times lately. I'm glad! I love the look of your blog-it's so cute!!