Paul and Kelci Gardiner

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Day 9: 1st Grade Memories

Kelci's Memories: 

I lived in Jonesboro, Arkansas and went to Hillcrest Elementary. 
I thought for a school we had an awesome playground. It was huge with a lot of equipment. I loved the See-Saws, but we weren't allowed to use them until 3rd grade. I hated that, but now I know it was safety reasons. My teacher was Mrs. Tramel. She taught us to spell Mississippi backwards. I liked her, but she moved. We went through a lot of substitutes. My favorite was Mrs. Burns who after she went away came back to be our permanent teacher. My best friend was Meredith Wiggins. We had dance together on Monday nights. Every Monday I would go home with her. Her mom always had chocolate milk for us and a yummy snack. She would take us to dance and my mom would take us home. After my sister's dance class my family would always go to Taco Bell. It was family/kids night. It was fun. I loved dancing and loved having all my friends. If I remember right, it was in first grade where I got caught lying to my mom, Something about my dads garden. Anyways I felt awful and she grounded me for a day, that was the only time i've ever been grounded. Back then that was the worst punishment having to stay home all day. I wasn't allowed outside or allowed to go with friends. I had cousins coming over and my parents were getting ready to put the pool out. My mom gave it and said i'm allowed to come out just not play with friends. I was fine with that. 

Paul's memories: 

Paul's best friend was Paul Robinson. There were a bunch of kids in his neighborhood who were in his class. He thought that was pretty cool. He loved knowing a lot of people. One day when he was getting a drink of water  the girl behind him, who was also his next door neighbor, told him that he liked another girl from the neighborhood. This upset him so her turned around and spit water in her face. At the end of the year, he asked his teach if everyone passed. 

This was kind of fun to go back and think about our early days at school. Paul and I have had fun talking about it and sharing stories growing up. I like having both of us do what we can when they apply to us. As a couple it gets us talking more and we hear stories that we think we may have told but really didn't. To me, this is a way that helps relationships become stronger because you are talking and learning more about each other.   

No comments :