Paul and Kelci Gardiner

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Gardiner Family News....

IT'S OFFICIAL! My in-laws have been called to serve in a Salt Lake inner-city mission. They were officially set apart tonight. A few weeks ago at a family dinner, they announced they were wanting to serve a service mission for our church. From there, everything has happened so fast. We got the call on Saturday saying they have been called, they won't officially have the calling until Saturday when they go to the first training. They also asked if we would be able to come to see them set apart tonight. I knew I could make it. What I didn't know is if Paul could. Thats the bad part about having to work at night. Luckily, somethings still had to be taken care of so his manager was staying late so he let Paul leave for a little bit to come be part of this.
As the family gathered in the bishops office tonight, there was an overwhelming feeling of the spirit with us. To me personally, it was amazing to see all of the family together minus the grandkids for this experience for their parents. I love knowing that Families Are Forever. Sitting there tonight, I realized how lucky and thankful I am to be a part of this wonderful family. I'm thankful for the examples my in-laws are being. I can't wait for Paul and I to be able to serve a mission in the future. It was awesome that when they asked everyone who holds the priesthood and is worthy to be able to help set them apart. Every Male in our family stood up and participated.That to me, was amazing to see. I'm glad Paul was able to be there for that. I'm thankful for what Paul is to me. He is my best friend and my partner for Eternity. I'm so happy that he was able to take me through the temple. I'm anxious to be able to raise a family with him and to share Eternity with him. Experiences like tonight make you sit back and count your blessings. The Gardiner family has been a huge blessing in my life and I'm proud and happy to be a member of their family.

No comments :