Paul and Kelci Gardiner

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Happy Valentines Day!

I know its a few days late, but Happy Valentines Day. I hope everyone had a good one. I had a good one. This is the first time since we've been together that we were actually able to celebrate on the actual day. This year Paul was actually scheming a little get away. He tried to keep it a surprise but it fell through. We have some friends who have a timeshare in Midway who were kind enough to let us use it, if they could get it that weekend. Unfortuantely, that didn't work out. Thats ok though. It kind of happened last minute, so Paul came up with a great idea. He brought the hotel to me. It was sweet and romantic. We actually celebrated on Saturday. We went minature golfing. That has always been one of our favorite dates. We decided the weather was actually nice enough. It was fun. We played both courses and had the whole place to ourselves. It did start to sprinkle in the end, we figure we always get caught in the rain. Last time we were at the same golf course it started pouring. It was fun though. Paul is so sweet to me. Anyways after golfing we went to Timpanyakis (not sure of spelling). That is my favorite place to eat. They have the best fried noodles. We also went to Gardner Village just to walk around and go in some shops. When we got home, I walked in and found the house straightened up, roses on the table, and a check in greeting welcoming me to Casa De Amour. It was sweet. It was an itineray of things we would be doing and having breakfast in bed and stuff like that. He bought my favorite treats for a movie night and even let me pick the movie. Of course it was a chick flick. He is such a good sport about that, most of the time. It was a fun, sweet, and romantic Valentines. Thanks Paul for being such a great husband and for making this such a fun holiday. I'm very lucky to have you, there is never really a dull moment. I love that.

We were also lucky to have a visit from my Aunt that weekend. She was here visiting from California with some of her girlfriends and came to stay at my moms for a night. We met up with her Saturday morning, and got to go out to a fun lunch with the family. It was fun just to see her even if it was for a couple of hours.

On Sunday, we had a Valentines/Feb. birthday dinner at the in-laws. Most of the Gardiner birthdays are in the middle of Feb and go throgh the middle of March. So we got together and had a fun dinner. Its always fun to get together with the family. We got loaded with a lot of Valentines goodies. It was a fun day altogether. I hope your celebrations were fun.

I love just the feeling of being loved. It doesn't matter who from. Its nice to know that Love exists. I've got to quit rambling now. Happy Valentines!

4 comments :

Gennaveeve said...

That Paul is a keeper!

Paul and Kelci said...

He sure is!

Amanda and Chad said...

WOW! your husband sounds awesome! That is such a great idea to create a hotel in your own home. I'll have to remember that one for next year!
I love your new St. Patricks day themed blog.

The Woodland's said...

What an amazing Valentine's Day! I'm glad you had such a great one!