Paul and Kelci Gardiner

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!



I probably say this every year, but this year was one of the best 4th of July holidays ever! Since it happened to fall over the weekend we had a 3 day celebration. On Saturday we were able to go to Stadium of Fire with some of our friends. Carrie Underwood was amazing! I'm so glad Danny was able to get tickets for us. When I thought about going it was already sold out. Not only did Carrie Underwood perform, but there was also a few other groups. It seems like the others were kind of rushed so Carrie can do an actual concert, but honestly i'm glad, because I was there to see Carrie Underwood since she's not scheduled here on her tour. The 5 Browns performed a song. They are a local family who are amazing pianists. They did a good job. We also heard a song from Jenny Baker, she plays the violin. The Osmond 2nd Generation did one song but it was a medley. The medley was pretty much dedicated to the scouts who just earned their eagles. There was a fly by from the airforce. I'm still trying to decide which was better, Carrie or the Fireworks. Stadium of Fire is known for the firework show! It was amazing!

Sunday the 4th we had a dinner with my mom and family. We had a bonfire that night and made yummy s'mores. We also did a few fireworks. It was funny, my 8th month old nephew loved the fireworks and my 3 1/2 year old niece was scared. I think the noise scared her most. It was fun doing them with my brothers and sister.

I really wish I had pictures of that night. Oh well.

Monday my sister-in-law, Mary and her hubby Ryan hosted a family bbq at the house. We went swimming and had a yummy dinner. I was still fried from Friday so I didn't really get in the pool this time, but it was still fun. Great food, family, and fireworks. I love holidays! Hope everyone has a good July!










1 comment :

The Woodland's said...

I'm so glad you had fun! We had a great time at the BBQ with you!