Paul and Kelci Gardiner

Friday, May 15, 2009

California Trip Days 1-5




Hello from California! Paul and I are finally on our much needed vacation. I'm not sure how great I will be at updating this while on vacation but I thought since we have some time I would post a little about what we have been up to our first few days here.
Let me tell you its been pure torture. We arrived early on Wednesday morning only to return to my grandma's for a little bit of extra sleep. We both had trouble sleeping the night before. Wonder why? After a small nap we enjoyed visiting with my grandma and just relaxing for the day.

We also have a tradition after our nap on the first day. We always go to In N Out. This is the best burger place ever. We are way excited to be getting one in Salt Lake Valley very soon. Its supposed to open in Draper at the end of the summer. We have already been able to eat here a couple of times.








Besides DisneyLand one of our favorite things to do here is go visit Balboa Island. We usually ride the ferry across and go visit the little stores and enjoy a frozen banana. I just happened to have a sweet tooth the day we went and the island has a cute little candy store that we just had to visit. They have the best taffy there.











As I mentioned we love to get frozen bananas on Balboa. This collage is of us with our bananas. I have pictures of the pigeons because they were hilarious. Paul and I learned that they can be very territorial. The one in the upper right hand corner was the ring leader of a group of three. It was pretty funny they were just waiting near us to catch anything that may have dropped or been purposely put on the ground. I put the last bite of mine back into the tray and set it on the ground. The birds all rushed to it but when the leader wasn't the first one he sure chased the other 2 off almost yelling at them. It was pretty funny. The bottom right hand pic is one of the birds that was chased off.

This weekend Paul and I have just spent time visiting with my family who lives here. We have just been enjoying our relaxation getting ready for the plans we have next week. Stay posted. I'm sure i'll have more to blog about later. Have a great night!

1 comment :

Gennaveeve said...

I'm drooling over the In N Out...mmmm....but those bananas look mighty good!