Paul and Kelci Gardiner

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Complaint Department

WARNING: Homework Day = Bad Day

I have so many thoughts going through my head right now that its very overwhelming. I thought maybe if I put them into a post I will feel better just to have them out of my head.
I have been a little overwhelmed with the whole school and working full time thing. Its not so bad its just a lot of busy work and I feel like I don't ever have time. So today, I decided to take a day off from work and dedicate this day all to homework. The course i'm in right now has been the busiest for me. Not only does it include the courseware (even that is set up differently), I have my text and have exercises at the end of each chapter. Each unit had at least 8 chapters in it. I only have a month to finish the course which pretty much evens out for me to do a unit a week. Each courseware chapter has 9 or more lessons in each chapter/unit. The text is a step by step version for my course. Its easy enough just busy work. Then of course I have my labs and unit test once a week. I guess i'm just not that use to it, since its been a few years. I feel like I shouldn't complain about it, but I just get overwhelmed so easy and that doesn't really help. Anyways I woke up early this morning and started my school work. By 2:00 I still wasn't nearly close to finishing. Since I haven't done anything but school work I decided to get ready for the day and take a much needed break. I had a few earrands to do and took off for that. It was nice to have a break, but now my next complaint comes in...
I hate stupid people. Today has just not been my day. I go to the store and there is construction everywhere! It doesn't matter what main road you take, the construction is horrible!
So I get to Jordan Landing and go into one of my favorite stores that I just happen to have a gift card to. I was so frustrated with everything that I guess I wasn't in the mood to shop. I just couldn't find anything. Oh well, At least I'll have credit when I find something there later on. I go pay my card at Target and the guy that was helping me had no idea what he was doing. He tried three times to use my card and make a payment and just didn't get it. He finally called a supervisor who did it the first try. I was annoyed but not complaining. The supervisor was very nice and gave me some apology money. I now have store credit there. She apologized and said it shouldn't have taken as long. I was happy about that. It was nice. I also went to a store to buy new scrubs. I got there and there were three kids ranging from 5-9 talking and fighting non stop. Then they started playing leap frog in the middle of the store. Their mom did absolutely nothing about it. I can understand when the kids are little but you should at least acknowledge it and try to solve the issue. The mother did absoulutely nothing. And to make it worse she was looking in the same area I was so they were all close together in a tight area. UGHHH!! My last errand included taking ibuprofen to Paul at work. He had dentist work done today. Not that good of a day either. I decided to be nice and take him some dinner too. I got to the drive through of Del Taco and nobody was taking my order. I got very upset and just drove up to the window since a line was forming behind me. They also screwed up the order. At that point I was just trying to take everything in stride. I feel like if I wrote it down that I would feel better. I kinda do. I think to relax and calm I'll give myself a time to stop homework for the night and to take a nice hot bubble bath and read a great book. Thats sounds way nice right now. I guess all I can say is that I hope tomorrow is a better day. At least it will be a new start.


2 comments :

Amanda and Chad said...

I hate days like that!! It seems like it can't ever just be one thing that goes wrong, it's a series of events the whole day that goes wrong!!
I hope your days get better. Hang in there with school!

Jared and Emily said...

Oh man that sounds so stressful! Who are you going to school thru? I just started with University of Phoenix. I am already getting super sick of papers and homework!