Paul and Kelci Gardiner

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pumpkins!!

One of the things I love about the holiday season are traditions. One of my favorites for Halloween is that my family and I get together at my mom's house to carve pumpkins. This year I decided to put together a collage of us. The first one shows each of us hard at work on our pumpkins. My mom decided to get a little creative and started adding feathers and sequins to hers. It actually turned out to be pretty cute.
These are a few of the good pumpkins that turned out. Pau's is a scarecrow or something. JJ and Halle made a cute little monster. Hunter's pumpkin is a freaky face. Wish I got better details on that one.

Hunter hard at work. He actually made two when I didn't even complete mine.
Halle only wanted to work for a few minutes. She lost interest and wanted to
go play with
grandma's toys.
Now these are my kind of pumpkins. I tend to lose patience and didn't want to take time to carve pumpkins. I love doing it I just lose interest very easily. So I decided to make glitter pumpkins. The good thing is these will also last during fall. I saw this on Good Things Utah at the beginning of the month. I'm not crafty, but these looked easy enough to do. I love how they turned out and am excited to not only use them for Halloween but I can use them through Fall and now have Thanksgiving decorations.

5 comments :

Gennaveeve said...

Super cute pumpkins!! How do you make those collages? They are cute!

Amanda and Chad said...

how did you do those glitter pumpkins? i want to try one. they are so cool.

Paul and Kelci said...

Thanks for the comments!
Gen~ for the collages I use photoscape. I love it.
Amanda~ The pumpkins are super easy. Just get the pumpkins, glitter, and modge pod glue. I used the glitter shimmer, just incase I missed a spot. You just paint the pumpkins with the glue then dump the glitter on them. Rotate the pumpkins so you cover every side. Very cute and fun, but also very messy.

Paul and Kelci said...

i mean modge podge or whatever it is...

The Woodland's said...

Those really are the cutest pumpkins ever! Thanks for telling us how to make them! I'm going to have to try them out for Thanksgiving decorations as we don't have very many. And awesome pumpkin, Paul!