Paul and Kelci Gardiner

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Happy Fall

I love this time of year and living in Utah. As much as I hate winter, i'm glad to live here where we have all the seasons and can enjoy watching it change to fall. It is so beautiful here with the mountains and the trees changing colors. It makes me excited for the holidays, not matter how much I don't like the cold. I can still appreciate it though. I never really got too much into Halloween but it just happens to be Paul's favorite. One thing I do love about it almost being time for Halloween is that it means the holidays are right around the corner. I also love football season. As weird as this sounds I also like the smell of fall. Its hard to describe but its totally there. I guess with the holiday season coming up i've been thinking more about what im grateful for and just appreciating more in life. I do try to have a positive attitude (even with my last post being complaints). I also love that fact that we have most of our family here in Utah. It will be hard when we go out of state for school and stuff but I know it will be worth it. One thing I've been thinking about today is how grateful I am to have the time on the weekends to spend with my husband. Our schedules are so chaotic right now that I really appreciate every second I have with him. Today was a good day for us and I'm glad to have spent a day where I wasn't stressed, could take time to relax, and to just be with Paul. We were able to get up and go to the temple this morning. I love the feeling of peace that you feel there and hopefully can carry with you through the rest of the day. We also went and got Halloween decorations and are looking forward to take time to decorate our apartment in the next few days. Tonight we were able to spend time with the Gardiner side of the family. Its Paul's sisters birthday and we had dinner and watched a movie over there. It was fun being able to spend time with them. They are so much fun to be around. It's also my nieces birthday in a couple of days so we did a party for her last night. I guess its just a weekend full of birthdays. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY AND HALLE! We love you guys. Happy Fall!

No comments :