Paul and Kelci Gardiner

Friday, October 9, 2009

Sweet Moments

This past little while has been a little hard for me. Paul and I have been married for 4 1/2 years and we still have the same schedule, where our schedules are completely opposite. It gets hard a lot of the time. Especially since i've gone back to school. It seems like the only time I get with him is Saturdays and even with that our lives are busy. Anyways I knew it would be like that for a while and I think i've done pretty good without complaining. I just want to say though how much I love Paul and I'm lucky to have a thoughtful guy. He is still romantic even when I tease him thats he's lost his romantic side. It definitley becomes different when you are married.
Last night we had a plan to where Paul would pick up dinner and I would stay up for him when he got off work. He called to tell me he had something to finish up and that he would be home soon. What was supposed to be not a huge thing turned out to take longer. He called me about an hour later and apologized then said he was running later and didn't know when he would be home. He didn't want me to wait up for him so he came up with the idea to tuck me in over the phone. I honestly can't remember a night (except for when I went on a girl's vacation) that he wasn't there to tuck me in. Anyways it was really sweet. We said our prayer together over the phone then sat and talked for a few min. It was pretty much what we do everynight without the cuddling. I like that best, but at least he was there with me when I went to bed. Sounds cheesy but I totally loved it. Thanks for a good idea Paul. Love you.

2 comments :

The Woodland's said...

That is soo sweet! I'm glad Paul treats you well, Kelci! You really do have an amazing guy there-even though I probably am biased. Lol.

Jared and Emily said...

That is so sweet! it is so hard when schedules are so messed up!