Paul and Kelci Gardiner

Saturday, April 23, 2011

CHANGES

About four weeks ago I started a 90-Day Transformation program with Allison Lamar. This program is for self businesses and how to become successful and many other things. For me though, this became more than something to help my Mary Kay business, this has helped me to go ahead with changes I have wanted to make in my life. For the last few months I've been thinking that at my age, I'm not quite where I planned on being. Growing up, my goals were to get married and to start a family. I wanted to have 2 by the time I was 25. I wanted to be done with my family by the time I was 30. I wanted to be a young mom. I wanted to marry somebody older than me by two years and him have an education and be done with school. Somebody who can provide for us and live happily ever after. For knowing what I want I feel i'm pretty close, but things weren't how I planned. I found my prince. We have not been able to have a family pretty easily. It still frustrates me, but I know things will work out and will also happen on the Lords time. I will become a mother no matter how my children come to me. I have an amazing husband who is currently in school and will be for a little bit. I can't wait til the day comes when I will have my marriage without school. He will and does provide but education will be a good few years. I will have my happily ever after but it will come in time. The point is I know what I wanted and even though not all has happened yet I know it will. I don't have to just sit around and wait though, I can make things happen and prepare for things. I have to admit I have been feeling a little down lately, especially when I've realized I havn't gotten everything I wanted. I don't mean to sound like a brat or anything, but there is a way I've pictured my life. I have most of it, but not all. I want to have it all. I can have a positive attitude and make things happen. I want to be able to set goals and to reach them. This is where the transformation program comes in. One of my goals is to get my Mary Kay business going again and to be able to build clientel. Allison Lamar is a wonderful example of somebody I would like to be. She joined MK at the age of 26 with a lot of debt and she went all the way and made it to the highest position you can hold within 2 1/2 years. She retired from the company at age 31 and is now a motivational speaker for women, not only those in MK but to all who owns businesses and is in direct sales and whatever else. Anyways her first week was about Goals and the 8 lanes of life. I've realized that her whole lecture that day not only related to my business but to my life. It made me really think about what and where I want to be. It talks about Spiritual life, personal life, professional life,physical life, etc. That whole lecture is what inspired me and this post. I've realized I've made a lot of changes and i'm about to make more. I don't want negativity in my life. I don't want people who don't respect marriage and friendship in my life. At the risk of sounding like a brat again I will get rid of people and things that make me feel uncomfortable and won't put up with things that bring me down. I mentioned earlier that I have felt down, to get rid of it I've found a program that will help me detox the body of candida, lose weight and keep it off, and get more energy. I'll need the energy to keep up with kids. I hope this program works. I officially start Monday, but I haven't had any pop in a week in a half. Thats good for me. This transformation has caused me to really look into my goals more and has given me the chance to fix things so I can be happy. I'm really looking forward to it.

1 comment :

The Woodland's said...

Way to go, Kelci! That sounds like a great thing for you to do! I'm happy for you! I hope you'll be able to meet your goals!