Paul and Kelci Gardiner

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Birthday Weekend

All good things must come to an end. We are bummed that we are back from Cali and now back in reality. It was hard the first couple of days to be home. We did have a great week though. We got home a day before Memorial Day so we were able to have an extra day off. We spent that day grocery shopping and celebrating my cousins birthday. Her hubby and mom threw her a surprise party. It was fun seeing all of my family. My family from Vegas were here as a surprise. It was awesome. We went back to work and miss the time off of relaxing and playing.

This past weekend I celebrated my 24th birthday. Paul took me out on Saturday because we have absolutely no time to celebrate this week. There are 2 other occasions going on with my family. We went to Timpinyakis for dinner. That is one of my favorite places to eat. Then we went to the movie and just spent the night together. We also proved that miracles really do happen that day. We spent the morning/afternoon cleaning our 2nd bedroom and converting it from a storage into a guest bedroom. It took 5 hours to make it perfect. We found out we really do accumulate stuff as the years go on. Sunday I got a surprise from my dad. He and Stacy came out a few days early to be here on my birthday. I wasn't expecting him here until today or tomorrow. Most of my family are coming out for my brother Joe's graduation this week and my sister's wedding. It will be fun to see everyone. I'm looking forward to it. My in-laws actually did a Sunday dinner for me and we had a nice family meal and did dessert and presents. I'm really really not a cake person.

On my actual birthday (yesterday) I went to work for a couple of hours and found a gift card and a beautiful boquet of flowers on my desk. They also got me an icecream cake. I got off early and my dad and Stacy took me to lunch. Then Sarah, Stacy, and I went to get pedicures. It was nice to pamper myself a little bit. My grandma Elms flew in that night and we all went out to dinner. It was nice. I guess I was spoiled and had a 3 day birthday celebration. The best thing was though is that I have a new niece born at 9:04 on my birthday. She is the first girl on the Gardiner side. I'm way excited. Congratulations Rhett and Becky. I'm glad to be able to celebrate my birthday with little Presley.

Hope everyone has a great June! I'll keep you updated on our June events.

3 comments :

The Woodland's said...

That sounds like such a fun birthday weekend! I'm glad you were able to celebrate! And that's so cool that Presley was born on your birthday!

sarah said...

but the trifle was ok, right? since it's not plain cake.

Paul and Kelci said...

The Trifle was amazing. I like it better than the chocolate one. It was actually just perfect. I wish I took some home with me.