Paul and Kelci Gardiner

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Fun Day!

I had such a fun day today. I took the day off to babysit my niece Halle. She is a busy 2 year old, but it was worth every second. Paul and I really don't live in a kid friendly apt. so I don't get the chance to have any of my nieces and nephews over so our apt. really isn't baby proof or too kid friendly. Sure I have Disney movies, but I don't believe in just sticking a child in front of the TV all day. I don't have any toys here, I know i'm awful so I had to come up with some great things today. I'm really into scrap booking and am working on a special project right now so I had all my stuff out, she found some things to get into and we had fun coloring and making fun pages with stickers and whatever else I could find. . I was at Roberts the other day for my scrap book and actually found a few cute things to do with Halle. I bought a purse for her that she was able to design. It was felt and had pieces to come with it to decorate. It was fun and her purse was adorable. I also had a few errands to do so we did that and went to lunch.
Today was a great day for pictures and i'm totally bummed I left my camera at my mom's this afternoon. That was actually my favorite part of the day. Halle and I spent the afternoon at the lake in DayBreak. It was awesome. I invited my sister-in-law and her kids (I'm trying to not say the boys anymore since Presley came along). We had such a fun time. I enjoyed catching all the kids as they jumped off the dock. So I have to tell you a quick story. Halle is just learning to like the water and all that good stuff. Last time I took her for a few hours she would barely get into my pool. I know her dad has been working with her in water and today the boys were jumping to me and she wanted too. I didn't think anything of it and figured she had before. Come to find out she hadn't. With the boys around she became a little daredevil and had so much fun. She didn't want to quit jumping to me even after they left. Then we ended the day at my dad's for dinner. My mom is on vacation and dad had us over for dinner and even cooked. It was nice. I have to tell you even if I can't be a mother right now ther is nothing better than being an aunt. I know i'll have my chance but for now I love spending every moment I can with my nieces and Nephews. Thanks for a fun day.

1 comment :

The Woodland's said...

How fun! I'm glad you were able to have a great day and I'm sure Payton, Maclain and Halle had a fun time too!