Paul and Kelci Gardiner

Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July: Family, Friends, Funnel Cakes, and Fireworks!

Happy 4th of July!
This collage is of everybody having fun at the Riverton Days. After the family BBQ we all met at Riverton Park for the fair and firework show. We took some time to play and go on some of the rides. In this collage Hunter and Jasmine are racing down the slides. JJ took Halle down and his mom took Jaden down. The pic of the guys is from them waiting in line for one of the rides. My brothers, Paul, and cousin Jake all decided to pose for a sec.



I love the holidays. I love 4th of July because its a holiday that gets all my family together in the summer. I am so glad that our nation is Independent and FREE. This year our day was awesome. We started out by being able to sleep in. Always a favorite, especially having a day off of work. We got our day going by going to my cousin Andrew's baptism. It was amazing. I'm so proud of him. He actually requested for the water to be cold. I was amazed at that. The water is usually supposed to be warm. It definitely wasn't at mine so to know that he actually requested it was an odd request, but its what he wanted and what made him happy. After that we went over to his friends for root beer floats. They were yummy.
Later in the day we went over to my Aunt Cheryl's for a BBQ. She did a great job. The food and company was great. We just hung out after that for awhile then met up with everyone at Riverton Park for the fair and Fireworks. Parking was AWFUL. Paul and the boys went on some of the rides. I can't really do carnival rides, they tend to make me sick. So I was in charge of pictures and holding everybody's wallets and cells. It was fun to watch them, even if it did make me dizzy. After they were done on the rides we went and had funnel cake. Apparently you can't go to fairs with out trying the funnel cakes. They were pretty good but Paul and I decided we should've shared one. It was yummy though. The fireworks were amazing. That is one of my favorite parts of the 4th. I love fireworks. They are beautiful. Paul took some cool pics with his phone. I just need to figure out a way to upload them. When I do i'll post them later. I hope everyone had a great 4th!

2 comments :

Amanda and Chad said...

Your 4th of July looks like so much fun! I love all the pictures! I have never been to Riverton on the 4th before, it's looks like a good time so maybe we will have to try it next year!

The Woodland's said...

It looks like you had a great holiday. I'm glad! How fun! I hope the rest of your month is as good as the first weekend was!