Paul and Kelci Gardiner

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Balboa Island


Paul and I always have to get a frozen banana when in California. Balboa Island is the place to go. We like to take the ferry and spend a few hours on the island. It is a tourist island with cute little shops and boutiques on the main road. We always get a banana and visit the shops. We got some new shirts in the shirt store. We talked with the owner and found out he has had that store for 28 years. He's the only person i've seen that is always there. I have to stop in the candy store and get some taffy there. I have no idea why but Balboa is the only place I ever buy taffy. I love that they have a ton of flavors to choose from and you can pick one of each and not have to buy it in packs. There is also a little book store/gift shop on the island. We love to visit, but this year wasn't my favorite. The employee there was an up in your face type of person and that alone kind of bugs me, but this shop has offered different drinks every year we go. This year we go in and the lady come up and kind of gets to where she is invading my bubble and she starts offering chardonnay and champaigne then looks at me and says oh never mind you are too young. I got way ticked off, ofcourse I wasn't going to accept since I don't drink but I hate when people think i'm that young. I know i'll probably appreciate it in life, but at this point I don't and I looked at Paul who of course just starts laughing. I was so irritated. Anyways thats our Balboa trip.

No comments :